Like most of my guests, Christina Bell never intended to get into sales. She comes from a family of teachers, but needed to take a job, any job, after graduating.
She did a great job (which she credits in part to the training program) and started to train other sales reps.
Finally, she was a teacher and was welcomed back to family Thanksgiving. 😉
In this episode, Christina shares her philosophies on sales, including:
- Why sales is a sorting exercise, and why this is the key to everything else.
- The mistakes people make trying to push people too fast (and keeping them around in the pipeline too long). This is gold.
- How to make conversation and ask questions productively.
- How to make conversation flow, and how many people shut it down.
- How do you know if you’re dealing with a real opportunity? Or just someone looking for some free consulting?
- Why people talk about what they do the wrong way (and how to do it better).
- Another good reason you don’t want to cut your prices.
- Your responsibility in managing your pipeline.
- Much, much more…
Another yummy, fruity Napa(!) Pinot Noir. What can I say? This time it’s a delicious 2013 from Starmont.