John Livesay (aka “The Pitch Whisperer”) helps entrepreneurs craft compelling pitches. He’s the author of The Successful Pitch: Conversations On Going From Invisible To Investable (pretty good pitch, right there in the title), host of The Successful Pitch Podcast, and has been featured in Inc., Forbes, Fast Company, CBS, Fox, and more.
- The two simple, critical elements of a pitch
- Why people are so bad at pitching
- Why stories are so important
- The importance of establishing your niche (it’s not just about your pitch)
- What happens when you confuse prospects with your pitch
- How surviving in the Amazon is like surviving in the business world
- And much more…
Books mentioned in the episode:
- The Successful Pitch: Conversations On Going From Invisible To Investable, by guest John Livesay
- Dealstorming: The Secret Weapon That Can Solve Your Thoughest Sales Challenges, by Tim Sanders
- The Likability Factor, also by Tim Sanders
- How to Be a Power Connector, by Judy Robinett (John’s business partner)
- Disrupt You, by Jay Samit
- Thinking Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
John had some Stag’s Leap chardonnay (@StagsLeapWines).
Reuben had Ron Rubin (no relation) Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (2013). Quite yummy for folks who like Russian River Valley pinots.
Subscribe to get updated on new episodes: