Tom Jackobs never set out to be a sales coach. He started a fitness business because fitness had made such a big difference in his life.
Unfortunately, he almost went broke because he didn’t know anything about sales.
Learn how he turned sales from a weakness to a strength, without becoming “sales-y”, by connecting via storytelling.
Storytelling isn’t a new topic for Sales for Nerds, but you’ll appreciate how Tom guides you to find the right stories for you, and how to tell them.
Tom joins from Taipei, where a 2 day layover turned into 3 years and counting, thanks to COVID.
In this episode, learn:
- How to make sales about solving people’s problems. (No one wants to exercise, they want to lose weight, get in shape, etc.)
- How he became a sales coach for the company that he hired to coach him in sales.
- How having a process let him sell without stress and much more effectively.
- How to use your story and your clients’ stories to help prospects.
- How you can succeed in sales as an introvert
- How to pick a story and tell it the right way.
- Don’t forget to have 3 versions of that story– from about a minute, to about 5 minutes, to a 10-15 minute version, for different situations.
P.s. Here’s part of Tom’s story that made him good at selling personal training:
And if you’d like to watch the episode, here’s the video:
Due to scheduling challenges between Austin and Taipei, we are both drinking water. 😉
Where to find Tom
Where to find Reuben
Want a way to make sales and marketing fun, without being “salesy”? Try Mimiran, the CRM for elite solo consultants who love serving clients but who hate “selling”.
It also has a “mad-libs” style wizard to help you lay our your mission and positioning, including your origin story and customer stories.
Get alerted when there are new episodes (1x/month):